Definition: Chronic non-specific rhinitis with hypertrophy of nasal mucosa especially that of the turbinates.
- Repeated acute rhinitis.
- Chronic sinusitis.
- Chronic irritation of nasal mucosa e.g., dust, allergy, or drugs.
- Bilateral nasal obstruction.
- Bilateral mucoid discharge (anterior and postnasal).
- Hypertrophied nasal mucosa especially the inferior turbinate (doesn’t shrink with vasoconstrictors).
- Sticky mucopurulent discharge.
Treatment of Chronic hypertrophic rhinitis:
a. Treatment of the cause: e.g. allergy (give anti-histaminic).
c. Surgical: turbinate reduction surgery
- Submucosal diathermy.
- Partial turbinectomy.
- Laser turbinectomy, coblation, or shaver turbinate reduction.
Please note that we will be notified by e-mail about your comment , So be careful .
Any medical questions will be answered .