This is a classified summary of liver functions .
a- Protein metabolism
- Synthesis of albumin, alpha & beta globulins.
- Synthesis of coagulation factors.
- Synthesis of urea from ammonia.
b - Carbohydrate metabolism
- Aftér meals: Glycogenesis & Lipogenesis.
- During fasting: glycogenolysis & gluconeogenesis.
- Synthesis, esterification & excretion of cholesterol.
- Synthesis & degradation of triglycerides.
- Synthesis of lipoproteins.
d - Bile pigments metabolism
- Uptake, Conjugation with glucuronic acid & Excretion.
e - Bile salts metabolism
- Synthesis from cholesterol & Excretion.
f - Detoxification of drugs & toxins
g - Endocrine functions
h - Haematopoietic functions
- During foetal life & in certain diseases.
i- Immune functions
Please note that we will be notified by e-mail about your comment , So be careful .
Any medical questions will be answered .