Manifestations of Miliary tuberculosis :• Fever, sweating during sleep, loss of weight.
• Cough and dyspnea.
• Wide spread crepitations may be heard
• Fundus examination may shows choroidal tubercules.
• It also affecting kidney and bone marrow.
Investigations to diagnose Miliary tuberculosis:• Chest x-ray showing miliary shadows.
• Tuberculin test is usually negative in the later stages of the disease.
• Bacteriological examination of sputum, urine or bone marrow.
• Blood picture, anemia and leucopenia may present.
Presentation of cryptic miliary T.B.• Age over 60 years.
• Fever of unkown etiology and weight loss.
• Hepatosplenomegally in 25-50%.
• Normal chest X -ray.
• Negative tuberculin test.
• Blood picture showing leukaemoid reaction, pancytopenia also may occur.
• Confirmation by biopsy of liver or bone marrow.
- Pulmonary Tuberculosis def., causes, risks, pathology
- Manifestations of Pulmonary Tuberculosis (symptoms and signs )
Please note that we will be notified by e-mail about your comment , So be careful .
Any medical questions will be answered .