Definition: Otorrhoea describes any discharge which comes out from the ear (from clear to purulent) through a prforation in the tympanic membrane or through a ventilation tube (surgically placed).
Types and causes of Otorrhoea
A-Watery: Cerebrospinal otorrhoea, due to:
- Trauma either fracture base of the skull or after stapedectomy.
- Bullous myringitis.
- Allergic dermatitis of the external canal.
- Acute suppurative otitis media.
- Tubo-tympanic type of C.S.O.M.
- Furunculosis and otitis externa.
- Malignant tumors.
- Foreign body or lacerations of the E.A.C.
- Fracture base of the skull.
- Traumatic rupture of the T.M.
Please note that we will be notified by e-mail about your comment , So be careful .
Any medical questions will be answered .